ION Audio's Tape 2 PC is a revolutionary tape deck that plays and records tapes, with a twist: it turns your music into MP3s!
Tape 2 PC has a convenient USB connection so you can plug into your Mac or PC.
- Type: Stereo double cassette deck
- Track System: 4-track 2-channel
- Tape speed: 4.8 cm/sec
- Frequency Response
- (-20dB recording)
- Chrome tape 40-15000Hz (Â±3dB)
- Normal tape 40-14000Hz (Â±3dB)
- (0dB recording)
- Chrome tape 40-8000Hz (Â±3dB)
- Normal tape 40-8000Hz (Â±3dB)
- S/N ratio: 58dB
- Wow and flutter: <0.2% (DIN45500)
- Crosstalk: 40dB (1kHz)
- Harmonic distortion: less than 1% (at 1 kHz, OVU 3rd H.D. normal tape)
- Channel separation: 40dB (1kHz)
- Deck A: Playback
- Deck B: Recording/playback, 2-gap ferrite head for erasure
- Motor: DC servo motor (x 2)
- Fast forward/Rewind time: ~100 sec w. C-60 cassette
- Input terminals
- Line In (x 2)
- Min. input level: 600mV (0dB)
- Input impedance: 50kâ„¦
- Output terminals
- Line Out (x 2)
- Output level: 600mV (0dB)
- Output impedance: 5kâ„¦
- USB Audio Interface: USB 1.1 compatible, 16 bit,44.1kHz (CD quality) or 48kHz sample rate
- Power requirement: AC220V-230V ~ 60Hz
- For U.K. 240V ~ 60Hz
- For U.S.A. & Canada 127V ~ 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 11.9W Maximum
- Dimensions (width x height x depth): 16.5â€ x 5.3â€ x 8.5â€
- Weight: 8.5lbs
- RCA cable
- USB cable
- Software CD
- Quickstart Manual
- Safety and Warranty Information
Reclaim those old cassettes--both store-bought and recorded from the radio or live performances--and save them to your PC with the Ion Tape 2 PC USB dual cassette deck, which is compatible with both Windows- and Mac-based computers. Just plug the Tape 2 PC into your computer using the provided USB cable, install the software and start converting your music.
The Ion Tape 2 PC USB dual cassette deck (see larger schematic image of front panel controls)
It comes with everything you need to turn your music into digital MP3 files. ION's exclusive software suite makes transfer and editing your music easy. EZ Tape Converter provides an easy way to transfer your music and import it into your iTunes music library. Windows users can download a version of EZ Tape Converter with Gracenote MusicID technology for free. It automatically adds album, artist, and song information for you.
When you're finished archiving your cassettes to your computer, Tape 2 PC can connect to your stereo system using standard RCA cables for convenient cassette listening in your living room, garage, or wherever your stereo system resides. Other features include recording level adjustment, dubbing (from deck A to deck B) with high-speed dubbing capabilities, and gain adjustment.
- Transfer music on your tapes to MP3
- Dual-dubbing cassette deck
- Plug and Play USB connection--no drivers needed
- Works with Metal and CrO2 tapes
- EZ Tape Converter (PC) and EZ Audio Converter (Mac) software for hassle-free recording
What's in the Box
Tape 2 PC, USB cable, RCA stereo audio cable, software CD, quick start manual
- PC running Windows XP (32-bit or 64-bit) or Vista (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Mac running OS X 10.4 or higher
- One available USB 1.1 port or higher
With EZ Tape Converter, you can quickly start recording LP tracks...
...and then tag individual tracks with artist, album, and song title tags.